Virus Spyware and Other Malware
Malware is a type of malicious software designed to harm or exploit any programmable device, service or network within your business. One example being spyware which is designed to enter your computer device, gather data about you, and forward it to a third-party without your consent. See below ways to mitigate these types of attacks.
1. Enable up-to-date anti-malware protection.
2. Use internet security gateways to inspect content and protocols for known malware.
3. Only permit trusted applications to be run.
4. Install the latest security updates for all software, including the operating system.
5. Configure host-based and network firewalls – disallowing inbound connections by default.
6. Ensure limited administrator accounts on a need-only basis which are not used to check email or browse the web.
7. Set up Two Factor Authentication (2FA) and remove/suspend any accounts no longer in use.
8. Disable or constrain certain macros, scripts, or unnecessary services.
9. Set up spam and email filters.